Kilele F1 Hybrid Tomato Seeds (Syngenta Brand) -1000 Seeds
Kilele F1 hybrid Tomato is a hybrid tomato for the fresh market with an excellent sweet taste. The variety is known for its high production of oval shape and very firm fruits and is ideal for all local markets where elongated fruits are requested.
Health benefit of Kilele F1 hybrid Tomato
- One of the main benefits that the Kilele F1 hybrid Tomato provides compared to standard tomato plants is improved disease resistance. Many hybrid cultivars are bred to provide improved resistance to common fungal diseases that can affect tomato plants such as verticillium and fusarium wilt.
- The water content of Kilele F1 hybrid Tomato is about 95%, with the other 5% being mainly carbohydrates and fiber.
- Kilele F1 hybrid tomatoes are also good sources of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, potassium, vitamin K, vitamin B9 (folate), etc.
- Including Kilele F1 hybrid Tomato in the diet can help prevent cancer, maintain healthy blood pressure, and reduce blood glucose levels in people with diabetes
- Furthermore, they contain key carotenoids like lutein and lycopene. These can protect the eye against light-induced damage
- Kilele F1 hybrid Tomato contains lycopene, one of the most powerful natural antioxidants. Lycopene has also been shown to protect the skin from harmful UV rays. Lycopene may also help relieve the oxidative stress of people who already have diabetes.
How to grow Kilele F1 hybrid Tomato
Planting seeds from Kilele F1 hybrid Tomato is no harder than planting store-bought seeds. Remove the seeds from a ripe hybrid tomato and soak them for 14 hours in tepid water. Dry them on a paper towel and plan to plant them within seven days
Features of Kilele F1 hybrid Tomato
- Yield: 30-35 tons/acre under good agricultural practices
- Size: 120-130gm
- Shape: Oval
- Shelf life: Over 21 days
- Plant type: Determinate
- Plant vigour: Strong
- Maturity: 75 days after transplanting
- Nursery period: 3-4 weeks
Disease to which Kilele F1 hybrid Tomato is resistant to
- Tomato yellow leaf curl virus (tylcv) (gathuri/ ngumi)
- Tomato mosaic virus (tomv): 0-2
- Verticillium & fusarium wilt (race 1 and 2)
- Nematodes (m.Incognita/++)
Seasons to Grow Kilele F1 hybrid Tomato
- Tomatoes run on warmth, and plant in late spring and early summer
- You can try growing a Kilele F1 hybrid Tomato plant indoors, all year long. With good artificial lighting or a bright enough window.
Our other hybrid Tomato seeds Larisa F1