Baronesa RZ F1 Watermelon Hybrid Seeds (Rijk Zwaan Brand)
Baronesa RZ F1 Watermelon (Rijk Zwaan | 100 seeds) is a Large size black seeded watermelon with very uniform fruits and dark green skin with deep red flesh. Sugar content is high, the plant is strong, with small leaves and an excellent leaf cover that gives fewer problems of sunburn. The yield can be very high as the variety has a very good fruit setting. Recommended for spring/summer cycle in the open field.
Features of Baronesa RZ F1 Watermelon (Rijk Zwaan | 100 seeds)
- Sugar baby type
- Round shape with dark green skin
- Strong plant type
- Very good leaf coverage and setting.
- Good sugar content
- Average fruit weight: 4 – 9 kg
- Fruit Shape: Uniform Fruit
- Colour: Dark Green
- Seed Size: Medium
- Sugar Content: High
- Yield: Very High
Health benefit of Baronesa Watermelon
- Contains a high percentage of water, therefore, prevents dehydration.
- Have the potential to prevent cancer because of the Compounds in it, which include cucurbitacin E and lycopene.
- Watermelon has several heart-healthy components, including lycopene, citrulline and other vitamins and minerals which help increase heart efficiency.
- Lycopene and vitamin C are anti-inflammatory antioxidants in watermelon. Inflammation is linked to many chronic diseases.
- It contains Lycopene which helps keep the eyes healthy and protect against age-related macular degeneration (AMD) thanks to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Watermelon juice has some potential as a recovery beverage after exercise. Citrulline is partially responsible for its effect of easing muscle soreness.
- Several nutrients in watermelon are good for your hair and skin. Some help keep skin supple while others protect against sunburn.
- Important for healthy digestion because watermelon contains both fibre and water.
How to plant Baronesa RZ F1 Watermelon Hybrid Seeds (Rijk Zwaan Brand)
- It is a space hog; vines can reach 20 feet in length, so plant where there is plenty of open ground.
- Amend soil with organic matter such as compost or cow manure. Add a balanced fertilizer that is high in nitrogen.
- Sow 8 to 10 watermelon seeds in a ridge, and push seeds 1 inch into the soil.
- Space ridge 3 to 4 feet apart, with at least 8 feet between rows. Thin plants to the 3 best in each ridge.
- Keep soil free of weeds by shallow hoeing or with a layer of mulch.
- It has moderately deep roots and watering is seldom necessary unless the weather turns dry for a prolonged period.
- When vines begin to ramble, side-dress plants with half a cup of balanced fertilizer (5-10-5). The third application of fertilizer should be made when melons are set.
- Withhold water as melons start to mature to intensify sweetness.
Other Seeds Grey Belle Watermelon, Grey top Watermelon