Monalisa F1 Hybrid Cucumber Seeds (East-West Seeds Brand) is productive and has a monoecious growing pattern. The first harvest from Monalisa F1 is usually within 45-50 days. This variety produces a lot of male and female flowers. Bees are needed to carry the pollen in order for the completion of the process of pollination. It also produces cucumber pods that are deep green in colour.
The Nigerian market favours deep green cucumber fruits. Like most cucumber varieties, it is suitable for tropical areas. Monalisa F1 can grow well in all areas in Nigeria and can also yield well in the rainy season and dry season in Nigeria. They are not location-specific.
Monalisa F1 cucumber seed is a hybrid seed that has good tolerance to a lot of pests and diseases. It also has good tolerances to viral diseases, downy mildew, powdery mildew and some other diseases.
Characteristics of Monalisa F1 Hybrid Cucumber Seeds (East-West Seeds Brand)
- Just like Greengo F1, Monalisa F1 cucumber seeds from East-West Seeds presents with good vigor and large leaves that improve the photosynthetic process of the cucumber plant.
- A farmer can start harvesting his Monalisa F1 variety from the 7th week. This makes the payback period of investment in farming pretty short.
- The typical length of the fruit of Monalisa F1 is about 18-20 cm and a diameter of 4-5 cm.
- The fruits of Monalisa F1 are deep green in colour
- Monalisa F1 has a crawling attribute, it’s better staked.
- Monalisa F1 has tolerance and resistance to angular leaf spot.
- Monalisa F1 variety has resistance to powdery mildew.
- Monalisa F1 cucumber seeds can resist mosaic virus disease.
- Monalisa F1 cucumber variety can mature within 45-50 days depending on the location.
Advantages of Planting Monalisa F1 Cucumber Seeds
- This variety can be high-yielding, there are instances of farmers harvesting up to 20 tonnes from one acre of farmland.
- The dark green color of the Monalisa F1 variety is a huge advantage over other varieties of cucumber in Nigeria.
- Acceptability of fruits in the market
- Monalisa F1 variety matures at a fast rate.
- Monalisa F1 can be planted in all states in Nigeria. It has the ability to tolerate Nigeria’s climate.
- Monalisa F1 has a good high tolerance to some diseases and pests.
|No of Seeds
500 Seeds, 1000 Seeds