Spray Tube Irrigation Sprinklers
Spray tube irrigation is the application of water to crops through sprinklers like hoses or tapes. Water is a key requirement for all crops or plants. No plant can survive without water. Spray tube irrigation enables farmers to grow crops all year round.
In Nigeria, most farmers are accustomed to the cultivation of crops only during the rainy season, but with spray tube irrigation, crops can be cultivated during the dry season.
Functions of the Spray Tube Irrigation Sprinklers
- Spray tube sprays water evenly on the crops for uniform germination and growth.
- The operating pressure is between 0.5 -0.8kg/cm²= 7.12to 11.38psi. This really helps save electricity and water.
- The spray tube has a unique design of twin wings at the edge of the tube, this will protect the tube from the rate of turning over and maintain the direction of water spray throughout the process of irrigation.
- You can inject liquid fertilizer into the tube, so as to perform fertigation on crops.
- Helps maintain the looseness of the soil.
- Crops are planted in rows that are extremely suitable for using our spray tubes which spray covering an area of 0.1 – 4metres.
- Most suitable equipment for irrigating sandy soil.
Crops Suitable for Spray Tube Irrigation Sprinklers
- Leafy Vegetables like Ugwu, Lettuce, Cabbage, Broccoli, and all other types of leafy vegetables.
- Tomatoes – however, care must be exercised when using spray tube irrigation during tomato flowering and fruiting.
- Pepper like sweet pepper, cayenne pepper, habaneros and chili pepper etc. Also, lesser spray tube irrigation can be used for irrigation.
Characteristics of Spray tube Irrigation Sprinklers
- The spray tubes are manufactured with polyethylene
- Spray tubes come in roll sizes of 100 meters
- The spray tubes are UV resistant
- The spray tube can work with any source of water (borehole, well, river, dam or stream, etc.)
Benefits of Spray Tube Irrigation Sprinklers
- It enables farmers to irrigate their crops with lesser labor needs and water. The use of spray tube irrigation can reduce the labor needed for irrigation significantly.
- It improves the germination rates of seeds or seedlings.
- Spray tube irrigation expedites the process of dissolving fertilizers applied to crops through the top dressing.
- This can positively impact the growth and yield of crops.
- Spray tube irrigation can be used for the application of pesticides to crops.
- Spray tubes improve the soil texture by loosening the hard parts of the soil.
- Spray tubes can negatively impact the survival and growth of pests like moths and whiteflies.
- Spray tubes can be used for the application of liquid fertilizers to crops.
Spray Tube Without Accessories, Spray Tube with Accessories