Abamet 18 EC is a leading acaricide/insecticide and acts mainly by ingestions but also has contact and translaminar activity. Therefore, the active ingredient passes into the leaf tissue forming a toxic reservoir of Abamectin. Consequently, pests continue to get killed as a result of feeding on the mesophyl tissue.
Abamet insecticide acts by stimulating the release of-aminobutyric acid, an inhibitory neurotransmitter, therefore causing paralysis as a result. So, it is very useful for the control of certain mites on cotton, citrus, apples, capsicums, hops, pears, tomatoes, ornamentals and strawberries and native budworm on cotton.
Active Ingredient: Abamectin 18g/l EC
Mode of Action
The mode of action of abamet insecticide and acaricide with contact and stomach action. Although, it has limited plant systemic activity, it also exhibits translaminar movement by moving quickly into leaves following application.
Importantly, thorough coverage is achieved so that the maximum amount of product can be deposited on the leaf surface. Certainly, this is for uptake and subsequent ingestion by sucking mites. After that, product that is not absorbed by leaves is quickly degraded.
Uses of abamectin insecticide
- Firstly, for control of motile stages of mites, leaf miners, suckers, Colorado beetles, etc. on ornamentals, cotton, citrus fruit, pome fruit, nut crops, vegetables, potatoes, and other crops.
- Secondly, it is also used for control of nematodes by seed treatment, and of fire ants.
There are quite a number. For example, Citrus
- Cotton and Ornamental
For example, Mites
- Diamondback moths
- Beetles and Fire ants
- kg or L/ha: 0.50 – 0.75 g
- mL/acre: 200 – 300 g
- mL/L of water: 0.5 – 1.0
PHI : (days) 7 to 30
COMPATIBILITY: This product is compatible with most commonly used insecticides and fungicides. However, test all mixtures first before mixing commercial quantities.
STORAGE AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
In this section, we tell how to be safe.
- DO NOT swallow. It is poisonous.
- Will irritate the eyes and skin.
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
- DO NOT inhale spray mist.
- Under field conditions allow the spray to dry on the foliage before re-entry into treated areas.
- Do not allow re-entry into treated areas in glasshouses for 24 hours after treatment.
- Wear cotton overalls buttons to the neck and wrist and elbow length gloves whenever prior entry is necessary,
- Do not apply under weather conditions, or from spraying equipment, because spray may drift onto nearby susceptible plants/crops and cropping lands or pastures.
- Store in the closed original container in a cool, dry, and well-ventilated area.
- Do not store for prolonged periods in direct sunlight.
Shop for other insecticides here.