Kibibi F1 Hybrid Tomato from East-West Seeds is a tropical perennial plant that is quite delicate and high in carbohydrates, low in calories and contains a variety of nutrients.
Features of Kibibi F1 Tomato
- It is high yielding, prolific with good shelf life and sweet taste.
- Maturity days: 58-62
- Plant vigour: Moderate
- Shape: Oval
- Weight: 35-40g
- Length: 6-7 cm
- Diameter: 0-4.0 cm
- Skin colour: Light green
- Flesh colour: Green
- Disease resistance: Intermediate resistance to bacterial wilt.
- Size: 500 seeds
Important features of Kibibi F1 Tomato
- Shape: Egg-shaped.
- It is glossy with white flesh and a fleshy texture.
- The cut surface of the flesh turns brown when the fruit is cut open.
- It grows 1.3 to 4.9 ft tall, with broad, lobed leaves.
- The fruit is light green, turning to orange-red when mature.
The nutritional benefit of Kibibi F1 Tomato
Kibibi F1 Hybrid Tomato contains dietary fibre which has been confirmed to reduce weight. The compounds in the tomato not only increase satiety but also suppress hunger. It is also understood from observations that the tomato tends to minimize calorie consumption by making a human feel fuller for a longer period.
The cream-coloured flesh of the Kibibi F1 has a sweet-sour taste, due to the presence of tiny quantities of nicotinoid alkaloids which help guard against blurred vision caused by glaucoma and increases overall vision.
- Water: 95%
- Protein:9 grams
- Carbs:9 grams
- Sugar:6 grams
- Fiber:2 grams
- Fat:2 grams
How to grow Kibibi F1 Tomato
- To start, sow the seeds 1/4-inch deep in good potting-soil mix six to eight weeks before the harsh season.
- Keep the Tomato seedlings at warm room temperature and spray with water twice daily, it would sprout within a week. As soon as the seedlings break the surface, move them to bright light.
- A full-spectrum grow-light is ideal, but a sunny window will do provided the seedlings are watched closely to make sure they do not dry out.
- Soil requirements: Tomatoes need well-drained, nutrient-rich soil. Amend soil with compost or other organic matter prior to planting. Soil pH should be from 6.2 to 6.8.
- Water requirements: Keep soil consistently moist throughout the growing season.
Our other hybrid Tomato Ranger F1 Tomato, Platinum 701 Tomato, Larisa F1 Tomato