Nandini F1 hybrid Cucumber Seeds are manufactured by East-West Seeds.
Mostly, Cucumbers are majorly cultivated and used as vegetables, the plant belongs to the gourd family, Cucurbitaceae. It has a creeping vine that bears cucumiform fruits. There are three main varieties of cucumber: slicing, pickling, and seedless. Within these varieties, several cultivars have been created.
Features of Nandini F1 hybrid cucumber seeds:
- Vigorous, vines are strong sturdy.
- Elliptical, crisp dark green fruits.
- Suitable for high-density close planting.
- The harvesting period of Nandini F1 is 40-45 days after planting.
- Fruits are attractive and green with a slightly dark green shoulder.
How to cultivate cucumber
Soil requirement: Cucumbers can be grown in almost all parts of the country.
The most suitable soil for cucumber farming is a light to medium,
well-drained loam soil that is rich in organic matter with moderate soil moisture.
Cucumber plants require a neutral to slightly alkaline pH range of 5.5 to 6.5 for optimal development.
Step-by-Step guideline on planting procedure of Hybrid cucumber
- Clear the land intended for the cultivation of cucumber and cut the tall trees. Avoid bush burning so as not to disrupt the activities of nitrogen-fixing Bacteria/microorganisms in the soil, these organisms play important roles in cucumber farming.
- Ensure that the ground is well ploughed as cucumbers are best grown on loose soil types.
- The next step is to make ridges. ridges can either be long or short ridges.
- Apply fertilizer or compost manure to the soil.
- The next step is the selection of viable hybrid cucumber seeds.
- Irrigation of the farm comes next, and this should be done early in the morning or late in the evening.
- Plant the cucumber seeds in the ridges. The seeds should be placed about an inch deep with a spacing of about 2-3feet
- Ensure to cover freshly planted cucumber seeds with if you have pests in your garden, this will keep them from digging out the seeds.
- Staking of the cucumber strands follows after 2weeks of germination, this could be done using bamboo beams and ropes to connect cucumber strands to the beams. Staking is very necessary as it makes the fruits/vegetable retain their greenish colour unlike when you leave them on the ground, they turn white on that part.
- Apply pesticides or insecticides to protect your cucumber plant.
- The last step is to harvest your cucumber properly.
Health benefits of growing cucumber (Nandini F1 hybrid)
- Cucumber is regarded as a healthy fruit because it is low in calories and fat.
- It contains numerous vitamins and minerals. It is also used in the production of medicines used to reduce weight and heat.
- It helps in keeping the body hydrated and flushing out toxins from the body.
- It reduces cholesterol level, aid ingestion, relieves joint pain etc.
- There are so many benefits to eating cucumber.
Special high yielding cucumbers selected for you are Darina F1, Farmers Pride 220 F1, Shalini