Red Force Fungicide is an agricultural fungicide used mainly to control the black pod disease (Phytophthora sp.) on cocoa. The product is a multi-purpose, protective, contact fungicide used for effective disease control and protection of field crops, fruits, and vegetables.
Red Force Fungicides are pesticides that prevent, kill, or inhibit the growth of fungi on plants but are not effective against bacteria, nematodes, or viral diseases.
How to use the Red Force Fungicide
- Apply fungicides prior to the development of the disease. Although many fungicides have systemic (“kickback”) action they will not completely eradicate diseases after they have started. And by the time a single disease lesion is observed in the field, many more lesions too small to observe are already working at your crop. Most systemic fungicides move less than an inch toward the tip of the plant or may just move from the upper to the lower side of the leaf.
- Use shorter spray intervals during weather conducive to plant disease. Each plant disease has its own “personality” and thus prefers different weather. However, most plant diseases require leaf wetness. Therefore, during periods of rain and heavy dews, more frequent fungicide applications are a good idea. The normal range of spray applications is every 7 to 14 days.
- Apply fungicides before a rain if possible.
- Timing of fungicide applications is more important than nozzle type and spray pressure.
- You should avoid wetting after spraying fungicide and in case it should rain you would have to re-apply
The benefit of using Red Force Fungicide
- Helps prevent wastage of crops by fungus by acting against them when applied on the plant affected
- Prevents loss of income and resources by fighting infestation or preventing it
- Helps to keep the quality and quantity of crop plant unaffected by preventing infestation
- Helps to make your produce nice and attractive to buyers
- Protect young plants against Anthracnose leaf blight and eyespot, among other diseases. Improve stalk strength with reduced risk of lodging and green snap for better harvest ability.
- Promote greener plants with a better window of grain fill.
Precautions to take when using Red Force Fungicide
- Application and timing are important to optimize the effectiveness of fungicides. Follow strictly the method of application, time to use, storage method
- Numerous pesticides are registered for use by crop farmers and it should be noted that a fungicide cannot be legally used for any purpose other than the purpose shown on the approved label.
- Specific safety precautions should also be taken particularly when transporting, mixing and applying fungicides.
Red Force Fungicide as a pre-emergence Fungicide
Spray the Red Force Fungicide before the disease’s outbreak as it is a pre-emergence Fungicide
see more of our fungicides Guardian Xtra Fungicides
Per sachet, Per Carton