Maridadi F1 Watermelon Seeds/25g/Dizengoff
Maridadi F1 watermelon seeds from Dizengoff are relatively early-maturing watermelon seeds. It produces oval-shaped fruits that are uniform and each fruit weighs between 10 and 12kg. Maridadi watermelon fruits have an excellent sweet taste and are rich in vitamins.
Health Benefits of Watermelon
- It provides hydration and essential nutrients; including vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- The antioxidants present in watermelon help in the prevention of high blood pressure, obesity, etc.
- They have been studied to prevent cancer because of the presence of the antioxidant lycopene cucurbitacin E.
- They have anti-inflammatory compounds present in watermelon that help prevent chronic diseases caused by inflammation.
- Helps to keep the eyes healthy because of the antioxidant lycopene.
- Several nutrients in watermelon are good for your hair and skin because they help keep skin supple while others protect against sunburn.
- It fibre content of watermelon aids digestion.
How to Plant Maridadi F1 Watermelon Seeds
- Plant from late spring to early summer once soil temperatures reach 70° F or above.
- Sow 8 to 10 seeds in a ridge, and push seeds 1 inch into the soil.
- Space ridges 3 to 4 feet apart, with at least 8 feet between rows.
- Keep soil free of weeds by shallow hoeing or with a layer of mulch.
- Space seeds 3 to 5 feet apart in nutrient-rich, well-drained soil with a pH of 6.0 to 6.8.
- Give plants a fabulous start to the growing season by improving native soil with several inches of aged compost or other rich organic matter.
- A consistent water supply is critical to growing huge flavorful watermelons; install a soaker hose or drip irrigation for best results. Avoid wetting the leaves.
- Keep them well-fed with a continuous supply of nutrients by using a slow-release fertilizer regularly because watermelons have huge appetites.
- Keep young melons off the ground with a bed of straw.
- Harvest watermelons when they turn from bright to dull green. They should sound hollow when you knock on them.
Consider also: Baroneza Rz F1 watermelon seeds, Grey Belle watermelon seeds, and Odyssey F1 watermelon seeds.